Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Elastilon - Self Adhevise Flooring Underlayment


There is a new product on the market designed for laying hardwood flooring over concrete called "ELASTILON". Its basically an elastic self adhesive pad that goes underneath the hardwood flooring. The flooring sticks to the pad and when the wood expands or contracts the pad moves along with.



Advantages:
-quicker installs
-no messy smelly glue
-high moisture resistance
-can install solid hardwood below grade(in basements)
-noise reducer for condos or high rises
-no need for acclimation process(still i don't recommend)
-less gaps during season changes
-can lay over floor with sealed concrete/cutback adhesive

i'm sure there are a few more benefits I'm missing.

check out there website for more info...contact me about purchasing

http://www.elastilon.com

5 comments:

The Greens said...

So, have you had anyone purchase the elastilon yet?

FloorAnthropy said...

Yes, I've actually done a few floors with it. Went down easy, no adhesive problems, cant complain at all! Much better than a glue down! They also warranty the adhesion for 70 years.

Only Disadvantage is it's a little pricey. Although you do save in labor charges and you dont have to pay for glue and concrete sealer.

Kate said...

I have read a great deal about ease of installation. I am more worried about the final product. Does this feel like a real hardwood floor when complete? I worry about floating floors creaking when you walk on them. I read in one review the floor felt 'bouncy'. Can anyone comment on the final product?

Unknown said...

I have had a floor with Elastilon and I loved it! The floor is not bouncy and does not squeak.It is more dense but the little bit of give makes walking or standing on the floor great. Some wood floors feel like you are standing on concrete... I would absolutely recommend Elastilon!

Unknown said...

What brand of hardwood are people using with the Elastilon I read that some brands are poorly milled and the floor cannot be fitted properly on the elastilon